The Handy Nanny
Here Your Child Will Feel At Home.
After School Care in Purcellville - Virginia - 20132
Accepting children K-5th Grade
The Handy Nanny was created as an after-school program for parents who want their children to be in a relaxed, home-like environment after a long day in school. We can drop your child off at school in the morning, pick him/her up in the afternoon and keep him/her until 6:45p.m. five days a week. We are currently accepting kids from P.M. Kindergarten to 5th grade from Emerick Elementary School in Purcellville.
How we differ from the regular after school programs available:
* Low ratio: 1 to 5. This will give your child the opportunity to get maximum attention when under our care.
* Large, modern home, conveniently located near Emerick Elementary School in Purcellville: Your child will be in a comfortable setting with lots of space and activities to do instead of in another school room waiting to be picked up in the end of the day.
* 35 min/day closely supervised home work time with focus on your child's main academic needs.
Regular after school programs usually have high ratios and sometimes under trained personnel to supervise your child during homework, while focusing basically on sports. As an experienced teacher, I created my program to help your child with whatever academic need he/she may have at school. Even when they don't bring homework home, some children still need reinforcement in areas such as Math, Reading, Writing etc. We will make sure these needs are addressed while they are under our care. We will take 35 min. every day and dedicate it to homework and fun, learning related activities.
* Art and crafts enrichment classes: As a former Fine Arts student and self-taught artist I would like to help your child develop an interest in this area too. I believe they will have lots of fun during our arts and craft projects during the week.
* Snacks: We provide a snack in the afternoon. This is always a good time for the kids to talk and socialize around the table. Because the number of kids is so small we always like to add, when possible, some of your child's favorite munchies to the snack menu too!
* Parents-night-out once a month included in tuition: Once a month parents will have the opportunity to drop their kids off to go on a date or use that time as they please. We will offer games, snacks and movies for your kids to watch while you are out!
The 'Night-Out' days will be announced in advance for one Friday every month at no additional cost. Because we have a limit of keeping only 7 kids/Friday the openings will be filled on a 'first-come-first-served' basis. The child has to be enrollled on the program to participate and each one may bring siblings ages 3 and up.
* Competitive price/day: We charge $20.00/day. In comparison to some after-school programs around this area, ours most certainly is one of the best deals, not only because of what we offer, but also because of the hard-to-beat low ratio we have.
Contact us if you want to enroll your child or have any additional questions to ask. We will set up an interview with prospective parents beforehand to better explain how we work and to talk about our policies. It is also a good chance for them to see where their child will be staying during the week.
Phone Number: (410) 695 4980
Hours: 6:30 a.m. - 6:45 p.m.
We are Located in Purcellville VA, near Emerick Elementary School
We appreciate your visit and look forward to meeting with you.